The Traumatology, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine service in our clinic in Valencia carries out the prevention, diagnosis and conservative and surgical treatment of the pathologies related to the musculoskeletal system.
Diagnosis of traumatological pathologies
The orthopedic doctor diagnoses and assesses all these pathologies that affect the locomotor system, wherever they are in the bones, the muscles, the ligaments or the joints. Many times it requires a collaboration with related specialists such as the rheumatologist, or the physiotherapist. Apart from a deep physical examination, imaging diagnosis (radiography, CT, MRT), functional tests such as electromyography or blood analysis are of great importance. The pathologies that we treat in our clinic in Valencia can be of congenital origin, traumatic or acquired, acute or chronic injuries, among others:
- bone fractures
- Ligament, tendon or muscle injuries (sprains, tendonitis, fibrillar tears, bruises, torticollis, sciatica)
- spinal pathologies and herniated discs
- bone tumors
- Degenerative or inflammatory processes of the joints (osteoarthritis, arthritis)
- traumatic injurie
Prevention of traumatological injuries in Medicality
At Medicality we pay a lot of attention in the prevention of pathological processes of any specialty, since prevention is the best medicine. Due to its nature and origin, within the pathologies treated by the traumatologist, we can distinguish between those that can be prevented and others, such as acute traumatic injuries, whose prevention is more complicated.
The prevention and early diagnosis of the usual injuries that are derived to our lifestyle and age allow us to improve our quality of life in an important way.
Surgical traumatology treatment in Valencia
The surgical techniques applied today by a specialist in traumatology are diverse, from minimal invasive surgery (arthroscopy) to the use of biocompatible materials to reconstruct bones or joints. Trauma-orthopedic surgeryis a specialty that works at a high-tech level and allows elegant solutions to recover the function of a limb or spine. Some of these techniques are:
- Arthroscopy: Optics and surgical instruments are inserted directly into the knee, hip, ankle, shoulder or spine through minimal skin incisions.
- The prosthesis: partial or complete replacement of a joint (knee, hip) with latest generation materials that guarantee excellent tolerance and long durability
Our traumatologist performs these techniques in the same way as conventional surgeries of the hand, shoulder, hip, knee, spine, and where appropriate in collaboration with associated specialists and absolute confidence.
Prevention of Osteoporosis and Arthropathies
- Prevention and early diagnosis of osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is a very common skeletal bone disease where there is a decrease in the density of bone mass, which increases the risk of bone fracture. Its incidence is higher in women from the age of 50, related to the hormonal change of menopause. The common consequences of osteoporosis are fractures of the hip, vertebrae or wrist.
- Prevention and early diagnosis of arthropathies: Arthropathies are usually painful lesions of a degenerative nature and as a result of joint wear and tear. This wear primarily affects the cartilaginous part, in advanced stages also to the bone or ligaments. Patients suffer from functional limitations (reduced mobility) and / or pain due to inflammatory processes or muscle contractures. Frequent pathologies of this type are: osteoarthritis, arthritis, herniated disc, carpal tunnel syndrome.
Make an appointment